21.3.07

Quite a relevant Wednesday Mind Hump

List your top five methods of goofing off.

1. The internet. While RSS feeds and blogs are my best friends, they are also really my worst enemy. You know about most of my favorite sites including Overheard in the Office, Post Secret, and Eyeteeth. Some of my less well known eqaully favorite time wasters are Car Talk, especially "Time Kill Central", Sudoku on the Strib, Cindee's Web Page, and Most Popular News on Yahoo.

2. Aside from poking around on the internet, I love to blog. Today I need it anyways to get some stuff out of my system.

3. Taking pictures. I love my digital camera. Which explains some of the more odd photos that have appeared here.

4. Running/exercising/walking. In the summer I will run or walk forever. The weather's getting nicer so I can do that again. Today I had some pent up anger from some bad news I got last night so I ran an extra long time before going to work. I ran 4.75 miles at 11:21 miles. (Yea me!)

5. Listening to music. Ahh, music. I've been on a tour of media players lately. I love Windows Media Player 11. It's super slick and I love how it deals with art work. Sadly the thing eats RAM like no other and I just couldn't deal with it. Also it doesn't support drag and dropping files which is something I need. I explored several other media players including Media Monkey and WinAmp before deciding on Songbird. Songbird is a great media player but it's on version 0.2.5 right now so it's only available as an unstable developer release. I used it anyways and it's really slick. However, it's got a lot more bugs than I am emotionally prepared to deal with right now. My favorite features: whenever I add a song to any "watched file" like the file I download music into, Songbird automatically adds it to my library without my telling it to do anything. When using an Mp3 search site like AllTheWeb or Mp3Realm it integrates the search results into the player and gives me the option to play or download the music in the browser/media player. Things I wish they'd add: Songbird doesn't know what to do when I delete music from my computer, it leaves said files on the playlist. There's a button to remove songs from the playlist but no "undo remove" function, either a key shortcut or a button. Drag and drop from Songbird into other apps is not supported. I have recently discovered iTunes which I swore off a while ago. My favorite iTunes feature: it supports dragging and dropping files, especially dragging and dropping files onto my Palm sync list. What I want from iTunes: sync to my Palm.

I think that was longer than I meant this post to be. Oh well, I'm putting off homework so it seems appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:26 PM

    undo remove is a great idea! i'm logging it as a songbird enhancement.

    ReplyDelete