27.3.07

Monday Music Mambo

Even though it's Tuesday...

1. Name some of your favorite drummers. Or name A drummer if you don't have any favorites.
Buddy Miles who used to play with Jimi Hendrix, Alex Van Halen (of Van Halen) and the drummer is Dave Matthews Band whose name I don't know.

2. What song contains your favorite drum performance?
Baluchitherium is a song from Van Halen's "Balance" cd. I love the drums on all of "Under the Table and Dreaming". Also, "Iko Iko" has a great drum beat.

3. Do you prefer the drummer to simply keep a beat, or do you like him or her to show off a bit?
Both if he does it right. If he can't show off while keeping a beat what's the point really?

4. If you were a drummer, how would you personalize your drum kit?
Lots of stuff to beat on. As much stuff as possible. Mostly fancy drums and a wood block. I've never been too much on fancy odd cymbals.

I'm adding my own bonus question: Who of your friends would play the drums if they were a musician?

Answer: Amanda. She'd be great. Who can say "tap happy"?

1 comment:

  1. too bad i couldn't keep a rhythm if my life depended on it....

    ReplyDelete