13.9.18

Trail Run Wednesday

Plan: This has to be a fast run because of some timing issues.  So, run fast.

Route: Blue Hill Trail  and I find the elevation map on here to be the most accurate to my own experience.  Somehow, Strava is not doing this one justice.


Weather: High 70s or low 80s, slightly humid, crazy sunny, and there was a fair bit of wind later in the run.  Garmin is saying about 10mph, but it felt like more than that.


Wardrobe: Guys shorts, 2xu tank (the one where in theory the pockets are a good idea, but not so much in practice), hat, trail shoes, tall socks. It looked like this:

Execution: I tried to keep myself in check for a little while, because I did not have a long warm up, but eventually I just let it rip.  I had a blast.

Nutrition: The run was only 4.5 miles so I didn't carry anything with me. Instead let me tell you how happy I am that I did not step on this turtle: super happy.  PS - it's a boy!

From today, I learned: Running into the wind: don't force it.  Focus on form and keeping the movement fluid.
Running fast can be fun but exhausting.
Don't look at the pace.  The pace is for trails and without a solid warm up. 
Do a solid warm up on race day.

Bonus: Remember that year I had 'trail Mondays' and it was a thing?  That was also the year I found all of the ticks in the world.  I really enjoy this trail and I wish it were closer to me.  I'd solid bring back Trail Mondays just for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment