16.6.10

I should have known better

Yesterday I had the worst headache which miraculously did not turn into a migraine. Turns out I only drank half a can of Pepsi in the morning. Which resulted in a killer caffeine head ache. Consuming caffeine later in the day did nothing to address the issue. Taking medicine similarly did nothing. Fail. I wound up taking some pretty strong medicine because, hey, I fear migraines.

I planned to get up this morning at 5am and go for a long run. I was still hung over from the head ache medicine. (It was not alcohol but it was powerful.) Obviously, I did not run.

I did go to work and had basically a productive day.

And then I went to the gym and got on the elliptical. And stayed on the elliptical. And then got on a different elliptical and stayed on that one for a while too. Thirteen miles later....

I have twelve miles left to run this week. I'm not sure how they'll get done but I'm hoping I can do all of them outside. (Can you believe the rain this summer?) I'm trying to gear up for a birthday run with the St Paul runners. (I'm also trying to convince them that costumes are completely unnecessary for the occasion although I dared them to come up with a good costume so we'll see what happens.)

My birthday is actually Monday and I'm celebrating the Friday after it with Amanda, Kelly, and whomever else Amanda invites.

No comments:

Post a Comment