30.10.07

The Monday Music Mambo even though it's Tuesday.

Name a few of your favorite music websites.

One of my favorite websites, Skreemr is linked on the sidebar there. It's a great mp3 search engine. Hey, I do not ask from whence they come. Other good mp3 search engines are AllTheWeb, most likely to find something no other sites pulls down, and Mp3 realm which has the added feature of determining if a link is functioning or broken before I try to download the file. I also think I blogged about Cha Cha another new site that is finicky but useful.

I checked my Delicious bookmarks for sites I had tagged "music". Here's a selection:
Get Music off your iPod, it's always a harder proposition that it should be.
50 Best Songs for Running Ever Made. These lists are always entertaining. I can tell who has taste like mine and who doesn't.
The Wiki Music Guide.
Jog tunes is another great site for runners, really people who do any types of workouts and enjoy listening to music.
Songbird is a fantastic little player with web-browsing and mp3 search capabilities built right in. It's a mozilla product and works with all platforms. It's billed as the "iTunes killer" and may now have the capabilities to sync with iPods. However, it's not a 1.0 product yet and feels very unfinished. I used it on my old computer because Windows Media Player sucked all resources dry. It couldn't handle my adding all these new files to my music library. I'd have to manually add them to my songbird playlist as well and I couldn't handle it. So I got iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment