14.10.07

Good news

Good news. I'm feeling much better. And I ran again. I ran 4 miles today on the elliptical. I ran that far in under 40 minutes. Why do I like the elliptical? It makes me feel fast. Having nothing to stare at but the clock and my progress really does help me pace myself. This brings my total miles for the week to 8, 7 miles short of the goal of 15. It's ok. I have time. My total for October is 23 miles run and 42 miles still to run.

I actually got all kinds of stuff done today. Groceries. Laundry. Cleaning. Right now I'm baking pumpkin bread and I just got done toasting (read: burning) pumpkin seeds. I cut up the pumpkin and put all the pieces that would fit into a gallon bag. Into the freezer it went. My next project might be researching the best way to use a gallon bag worth of pumpkin. The bread only calls for one cup. Not even I eat that much bread.

What else did I do this weekend? A murphy-like set of circumstances required me to work Saturday morning. By the time I got done with that, it was clear I needed to be with people. I called my friend Liz (Other Liz). Liz and her sister Katie and I went to a great restaurant called La Hacienda. At La Hacienda, they make ceviche which is my favorite dish of all time. Amanda would for sure love it, and Kelly would probably really like it. (For sure you'd like it if you didn't have too much information. The way it's cooked sometimes freaks people out.) It's different types of seafood cooked in lime juice. The acid in the lime juice cooks the fish without the need for heat (great for nights the electricity is out).

Then we went shopping at Southdale. Katie wanted a new pair of jeans and we wound up in Eddie Bauer. I had a long time of not really liking their clothes, but they're definitely moving up on my list of favorite stores. I have a pair of pants from there that Kelly helped me pick out. I decided I should have the same pair in a different color. I picked out the size I wear and headed off to try them on with a couple of shirts when we had this exchange.

Liz comes out of dressing room to model pants.

Other Liz: Those look really nice.
Sales girl: They do look nice but they don't fit right. You need a size smaller.
Me: ::Just grins::

Obviously I bought the pants and a really cute top as well. It's red Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment