25.10.07

Can't seem to convince myself that Laundry is important


Can't seem to convince myself laundry is important. Buying another sports bra seems a more logical solution. Too bad Target's parking lot is probably still full. That's such a good site for a Target, I'm amazed nothing was built there before. But seriously, mind the roundabout.

I went to the gym this morning. I found the elliptical a much more enjoyable experience when I could be a slow-poke (and not feel like I was about to faint). I haven't run in about two weeks. I'm to the point where I feel like I'm in good shape but that I'd have to actually train to run a race again. The strangest thing that's happened to me is I don't want to run outside when I feel like this. I feel like, what if I get far away from my house and something happens. At least at the Y, there are other people to help me. Maybe I'm having anniversary effects from this time last year when I couldn't run at all. (How funny that's also the post with the whole thing about the dude. Things happen in threes and he was the first. I've been through all three though so next one is the charm.)

Today I went back to the museum to borrow some supplies. I got to walk around and see a whole bunch of people. Everyone there looks great and seems to be doing well. That was a nice thing to have in the middle of my day.

I talked to my dad tonight.
  • Every time I talk to dad, must vent afterwards.

  • Even when I offer a solution no one has even considered, and one that is much less money than any solution currently in the hopper, I still get discouraged. Know why? Dad doesn't like repairs. He doesn't do them at home and doesn't schedule others to come in and do them, which is why Mom wants to move to a place that's "less work" and he doesn't like thinking about them or talking about them. He'll dispute that claim and point to all the things he's done. I would point out Mom wanted most of that stuff done for over ten years and they nearly did move once.

  • I don't know how the insulation sticks to the pipe. It's not important right now. Move on.

  • "Oh, maybe I'll compose a letter and you can type it." Bite me. Why do you always ask me to do anything on a computer instead of doing it yourself. I am not your secretary, typist, personal shopper, or google research assistant.
Thanks, I feel much better. Now I'd like to talk about some of the neat sites I've found on the internet lately.
Recently, I've witnessed several couples negotiate the details of their weddings and reception. At least two brides I know have agreed to details of the ceremony or reception that were important to the groom but they wouldn't have chosen for themselves. To both of you, I'd like to say, at least your grooms didn't ask you to do something like this. I wonder what their bridesmaids wore.

Finally, it's not the bubble wrap, but I heard about this site called Don'tDateHimGirl.com and while it does do exactly what you think it does, it's actually got some meaningful content as well. There are some nice things about dating violence, and how to date safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment