19.8.07

Technically, there was lots of exercise this week

Technically, there was lots of exercise this week, even though none of it came in a normal way. I painted my entire entryway, including my closet, this weekend. I don't know why the closet is important, but it seems well worth mentioning because it was such a pain to empty it.


First, there was taping. This is my entryway. Altogether there are four doors, an accordion door closet, and two doorways with no doors. (You know, the kinds that are designed not to have a door.) And then there was the inside of the closet. I'm choosing not to think about that.


I took off all the light fixtures and the smoke alarm cover. And then I got to the cover for my buzzer to let guests into the building. There were no screws holding the plate to the wall. (I rolled my eyes and thought in my head: this is going to be like the razor blades all over again.) I had a totally OCD moment where I wanted to clean some of the crap out of the back there, but then I had visions of electrocution and reigned myself in.


Luckily I have an awesome friend named Amanda who came and took me to the Olive Garden last night. We found it after not being able to find it and winding up somewhere else once recently. (Note to me: It's at France Ave, not Lyndale.) After dinner we went to Southdale during a downpour where Amanda used her mojo to get us an awesome parking spot in the garage. We shopped for a little while. I had to get a fleece because my jacket was wet from running to get the car at Olive Garden. That's right. It's the middle of August and I just used the words "fleece" and "jacket" to describe my outfit. I love Minnesota. We also saw Harry Potter 5 at the movies which I highly enjoyed except the ending didn't feel very well ended. I've decided the best way to see the movies is not to read the book beforehand. That can only lead to pain and aggravation. It was cool to see some of the characters because I know what happens to them in future books. Esepcially Lupin and Tonks (::sigh::) and Kreacher.


After I got home I sheet rocked the holes I (and those before me) had created in the wall. The holes from me were from hanging things. Any unexplained holes I don't want explained.

That's when my hall closet threw up on my bedroom. Thanks. After I dealt with the mess, I headed for bed.


This morning after a trip to my local Ace Hardware (who are wonderful), the painting got started.


Thank you to Amanda for stressing the importance of a drop cloth. You were right and I totally wouldn't have thought it was a big deal without your input.


After several long hours, I got the first coat entirely done. And it looks really... pink. Kelly, I blame this on you. It's much pinker in person. But I like it. I'm happy to have color in any room in my house. I didn't have enough for a second coat, though some parts of the wall will get a second coat in the semi-gloss. I have enough to do touch-ups on the other parts that need it.



The clean up process was interesting. I got pain all over me. Again, Amanda thanks for recommending the drop cloth. Otherwise my carpet probably would have looked the same way.

I can't wait to get painting on the semi-gloss stripes. (I really can't wait to have this project completed either.) I think it's going to look great (yes, even in pink). All the pictures I had hanging in there have black frames which will really pop on that color wall. It'll be a great entryway.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:31 AM

    I'm loving your entryway! Excellent work!

    And that picture of the buzzer is gross.

    ReplyDelete