6.8.07

No one knows what my problem is

No one yet knows what my problem is. I'm annoyed nonetheless. I don't know if I'm right, or should let this out of my teeth, or both. But someone who is not the IT person today told me the IT person (whom I think is wrong) noted that I downloaded Firefox and then things got fishy.

First, some one then said I "downloaded Mozilla and removed Internet Explorer" which I think is not possible. I seem to recall a lawsuit.... If it is possible, I have neither the knowledge nor the inclination to actually remove the software.
Second, it was passed along that we get our anti virus updates through internet explorer? Don't those just come through the anti-virus software itself? You don't need a web browser for that.
Third, that the firewall is set up for Internet Explorer. This is the part I know the least about. Isn't the firewall several steps ahead of my own computer and not caring what kind of browser I have?

Sadly, someone told me ahead of time this IT person isn't very ahem knowledgeable. Have I seriously breached security or is this person just wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment