9.2.07

It's been a long slow day

I worked today at the museum. I got to fix a budget after someone asked for the money we weren't spending. (This was all after I mildly freaked out.) I'd seen the budget and it was stretched within an inch of its life. There's no way we're not spending the money there.

I spent most of my day looking at a laptop. It gave me lots of time to ponder what laptop I'd like to buy next. The laptops at work are Acer brand. That's all I'm saying about that. As you know, I've been wavering between a MacBook and a Dell. A few days ago, I read a story about certain Dell laptops giving off a huge electrical shock, which I really don't want to deal with given my current electric shock problems. So I started to move heavily into the Mac column.

So while I was at school I played around on a friends MacBook Pro. Yes, a pro. I assume she's rich. Anyways, it had some cool features that Windows doesn't have. People always say Macs are more expensive. Sometimes that's a legitimate complaint, but they come with a boatload more software than Windows. My favorites from the ten minutes of playing on her computer: two fingered scrolling, apparently you can right-click enable the laptops, and the awesome screen capture utility. I still thought I needed to play a little more, especially to learn all the keyboard shortcuts and how to tab through web pages in Safari or (more realistically) Firefox.

Then today I read this story about how a faulty Dell Laptop (or the battery or charger) was blamed for a house fire. Hmmm. Well that is helpful information.

Since I got home tonight I've been watching Pirates of the Caribbean. The first one. I haven't had dinner yet. I'm not sure I will. I'm sore from working out this morning. I did the stair master in "Fat Burner Plus" mode. I have no idea what that means but it was quite the workout. Then I did the rowing machine at what I can only assume is the hardest (most tension) setting there is. I'm still wondering if I'll be able to run when the weather allows it.

By the way, we've already had 8 days of below zero lows, we're on our way to number 9, which is the coldest snap we've had since 1996. The record? It was 1936 when they had over 30 days of below zero lows. Ouch. Even my feet are cold at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment