2.8.06

why I'm a bad person today

It's a beautiful running day. Even now at 10am it's still only 70*. So what happened when I tried to run this morning at 7am? I was attacked by a dog, not so much attacked as it wanted to play. I think my record on dogs is pretty clear. I could really do without them so when this thing started chasing me down the block and jumping on me I was not happy. When it followed me over a mile I was less amused but also thinking someone might be looking for it. At first I didn't care that it was following me but once we crossed Chicago Ave and Park Ave I could see I had a problem so I started running back to where this thing first started harrassing me. I couldn't ever get close enough to look at it's tag, and even though I stopped running and called it over, that wasn't what we would call 110% effort on my part. At one point three blocks away from where I met it, I thought it was home so instead of turning back, I then went on taking it farther from where we started our journey. Two blocks south of there (five blocks from the original point and over a mile of running later) it finally left me and went to some guy walking his dog.

I was pretty hacked off that this animal interuppted what would have been a great run in cool weather and was hacked off that someone let their dog run around the neighborhood without a leash so that it could follow me for a long long time and jump on me and bite at me.

However, I've spent most of the morning trying to convince myself I'm not a bad person for not working harder to get this stupid dog back to it's owners who are probably pretty upset the damn animal is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment