22.8.06

The tour of parks

Since I have the day off and was able to sleep in, I went for a really long run this morning. When I say long, I mean I toured a couple parks I don't usually see along my normal route. I ran through Powderhorn Park which I haven't done since I left for the Peace Corps, and two tiny parks on either side of Park Ave between 43rd street and 44th street. They're really cute little parks. All in all, I ran just over 6 miles this morning in about 75-80 minutes (which still makes me the slowest runner on the planet). My knees were kind of hurting by the end. Is that bad?

Also, random question: Does a cat in heat sound roughly the same as a baby crying?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:37 PM

    I'm not sure what kind of babies crying you've been listening to, but the cats in heat that are in my neighborhood sound like... a cat being slowly strangled. It's loud and noticeable. Can't drown it out. It sounds almost painful, with a little bit of whiny mixed in.

    ReplyDelete