29.8.06

Today was lousy

I'm not even going to mince words. Today was lousy because of a situation at work. I'm powerless to help the person who needs help, but I have to help my co-workers deal with the situation because I've been through this kind of thing before and sort of know how to protect myself emotionally. It's awful.

Other than that, we spent the day at work cleaning. I'm always the one saying, "We don't need that, let's throw it away." It was funny because we're all sort of like that to varrying degrees. Kao always wants to move stuff but not throw it away. There's one person who works there that is on a different page about throwing stuff away, like she keeps everything.

The people who were cleaning were all sort of remarking on that (that we all want stuff thrown away except this one person which makes life difficult) when said packrat walks into the office and started making comments about all the stuff she had been wanting to throw away or get rid of for a while. I did not make eye contact with any of my co-workers for quite some time after she said that. To my credit, I didn't roll my eyes or bite my thumb either.

However, the coup de gras was when Travis walked in and saw all of the boxes of books I was preparing to get rid of (as in donate, I'd never throw books away) and with a little sad face said, "oh, you're getting rid of all these?" I absolutely could have strangled him in the cute way that means, "I love working with you but I busted my butt this morning so back off."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:35 PM

    are you talking about me, jerk?

    ReplyDelete