31.5.12

Thursdays - my new favorite day of the week

Thursdays are quickly becoming my favorite day of the week.  Here's some reasons why:

1: No work on Fridays!.  Thursday is the last day of my work week.  Today was a very exciting day.  I had a 'visit' with someone at Starbucks, a home visit and then...  I lead this training on a topic that is very relevant but the most dry and boring subject on the planet.  I took Alina with me for help and moral support.  The feedback we got was that it was a helpful training.  Super!


2: Circuit class!  Circuit was fun tonight.  When the teacher was going through the exercises they didn't look so bad, but I'm still feeling them.   The hardest station of the night was mountain climbers.  Remember how I felt about burpees?  Same feeling for these things.  Oy.

3: Zumba.  I so totally look forward to Zumba all week long.  I cannot believe I am saying this.  Next I'll be saying I like heights or something.
I tried it one time with this girl and then came back to give it one more try.  And then I never stopped.   I love the music.  I love the dancing.  Plus, it really is the United Nations of the YWCA(Sort of the opposite of last night at the theater.) 

Tonight between Circuit and Zumba (there's a 15 minute gap) I went to run around the track.  "See if you can do four laps" turned into "holly crap, did I just bust out a 10-minute mile?"  It doesn't sound fast except for I wasn't really trying that hard so I sort of couldn't believe my 'relaxed' pace was moving that fast.  I could really feel that extra mile of running by the end of Zumba class.  I was hungry.  And exhausted.  And sweaty.  Oy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment