9.11.11

Circuit and Pilates and Water Sports. Oh my!

 In honor of the 'post marathon slump'... I'm still not running.  I have somewhat gotten back on the exercise bandwagon though.

I got my introduction to the killer workout that is circuit training last Saturday when my neighbor tried to kill me with a circuit class at her boxing gym.  Monday, I went to the circuit class at my YWCA.  In some ways it was easier. (Read: no burpees!)  In some ways the class was harder.  Mostly because this class is seventy five minutes and boxing-gym class was fifty minutes.  I had a really nice time and I think I'll incorporate it into my routine.
Burpees are from the devil.  


My favorite 'station' was the box jump.  I realized that I'm still a gymnast at heart because I can't even think about jumping without swinging my arms in a complete circle.  (You know what I'm talking about.)  I noticed I had an easier time with the box jump, probably because I did know how to swing my arms.

Pilates is right after the Circuit Class, and a couple people just stay for both.  (That's actually how I found out about Circuit to start with.)  I've really liked Pilates so far.  I learned that to do two classes in a row I probably need a long sleeve shirt for pilates and I definitely need to bring clean socks to put on after pilates so I don't have to put on the sweaty ones from circuit again.
I so hate this exercise.  Maybe one day I'll be really good at it and then I will love it.

'High Intensity Water Running' is a new class the Y is trying out.  It was quite popular this morning.  I'm hoping it won't be as crowded next week.  We all agreed there wasn't enough room.
The person who teaches it is a runner and it's billed as a way to 'get miles' without the pounding.  I liked it but couldn't really tell if I got a good workout or not.  Usually I can tell I had a good run by how exhausted I am; not the case with anything in the water.  I think I'll try it at least one more time.  Is it wrong to hope some of the other people aren't back next week?


No comments:

Post a Comment