15.11.11

In which I am the least supportive coworker ever

Today was generally frustrating.  Let's say there was a situation.  I had a solution.  A third party blamed my solution for causing the problem.  Quantum mechanics were not involved.

The Qat Lady stopped by to celebrate her clinical being complete (thank god).  Her last day of clinical was at a place where I knew a staff person.  I was all "tell Stephanie I say hi" and told Qat Lady how nice Stephanie is to work with.   Qat Lady shows up at my office (across the street from her clinical site) and says "Stephanie had the same reaction about you".  Very nice!

Then, all of a sudden, one of my coworkers turns white, gets lightheaded and starts throwing up.  So coworker number two and supervisor are all concerned, and being supportive.  I, on the other hand, heard retching, shut my door, and turned the music up all the way.  (Yes, see how nice I can be.)  When I came out of hiding a while later I could smell the sick and saw supervisor walking around with cleaning gear.  Apparently, sick coworker got more sick. Then coworker number two had what I'll call a sympathy puke.  (I'm so glad my door was shut for all the mayhem.)
I'm not saying who did what, but these are some of my coworkers.  For an explanation of the outfits, read here

At the end of the day I hit the streets with Team:Work.  Go and buy a reflective vest please.  Here's the one I use. I had originally planned a run up the hill, becuase both people who came tonight like that route, but one person needed a shorter route because she had a late meeting.  So we saw the neighborhood instead.
 This route is about 3.5 miles, but because of doubling back I did just over 4 miles tonight. The people from Team:Work tonight were walkers so I used the opportunity for a speed workout.  I ran until it was time to turn on a different street.  Instead of turning, I ran back to the walkers, then walked with them until after each turn.  That way we never got too far away from each other and we all got the workout we wanted.
The green line is my speed.  It was all over the place, but the 'speed running' bursts are faster than I normally go, mostly around 10:00 miles.

Also, ask me about Dublin!

No comments:

Post a Comment