27.7.11

Welcome back to humidity!

I woke up this morning and it was a steam bath.  Hilariously, Heather thought all that steam was rain and called me off running with the St Paul girls.  I hit the gym instead, in order to make peace with the dreadmill.

Treadmill experience - apparently warmup on the treadmill is very important for me.  'Cause when I got on the thing and started walking 3mph I thought it was too fast.  (It was early.)  I did warm myself up appropriately and got up to my marathon running pace pretty fast.  After that, every five minutes I kicked the pace up by 1-2 tenths of a mile.  By the end I was going around 10:30 miles (for like three whole minutes but still.)  Interestingly, the 10:30 pace felt better that the 10:45-ish pace.  Perhaps by then my body was loose and ready to roll.

Team:work - bailed tonight.  Well two people bailed on me and then I bailed on the last person.  Seriously, running in 83* and 80% humidity wasn't sounding so great to me.  So I came home and slept instead.

New running songs - I'm always adding new songs to my life.  I finally gave up on Pandora and started using Slacker Radio and have found some fun new songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment