6.7.11

One of the ugliest 15 milers I've done. Ever.

I don't know what weather report I was looking at last night.  Somehow I thought it was going to be in the low 60's when I woke up.  Not ideal for a long run but much better than what we've had recently.

One of my favorite 15-mile routes.

It's hot and I am slow
 

5:00am - I woke up and obviously didn't think to look at the weather.  (I checked last night.)  I got ready and headed out for my long overdue long run.
Mile 1 - I am covered in sweat.  I guess I should've checked the humidity.  And perhaps I should pick up the pace?  I really didn't know I could go that slow and have it still be called running.
Mile 2 - Wow!  I am slow.
Eventually I got into my groove, especially around Lake Harriet.
Miles 6-8 - I so totally knew I was going to get sick.  Miraculously my timing had me at two, um, facilities so there was no additional stress (of having to find a private spot in the woods and praying I'd make it) but getting sick was still not so much fun.
Miles at Lake of the Isles - the one lake where I didn't get sick.  (Good because I usually do it here and there is nothing at this lake for help.) I actually had a little bit of a runners high here after I ate some food, I got moving again nicely.
Back to Calhoun - still on the runners high but wanting more Gu.  I knew the moment Gu (or anything really) hit my stomach I'd feel like puking but I had to eat.
Lake Harriet - and feel like puking  I did.  I started throwing in walks here to calm down my stomach.  And keep my heart from exploding.
All the way home - I did run the sweet 'downhill' section of 40th, ran the uphills too.  But I walked more here too, in honor of my stomach.

Obviously I was pretty discouraged when I got home 20 or 30 minutes after I wanted to be done.  (What the hell  is wrong with me?  I've totally run this far before.)  And then I looked at the weather.  It was 77* at 9am.  (Low 60's my foot!)  The humidity at 9am was around 50% but apparently it had been as high as 70% earlier that day.  No wonder I felt like I was going to die.

So I do need to be more consistent in my long runs.  The new running app is really nice to help with pacing.  But perhaps I should just write this one off and not worry about it.
I got my "post long run Easy 3 miler" in today as well with Team:Work.  (Yes I know, a second run after a 15-miler is less than ideal.  But the long run had to happen today.)

The GPS between miles 2 and 3 is wrong in that one obvious place.  I didn't do that.

Yeah, Stephanie and I were really flying that one mile.  After we got done walking.

We took a new route and decided that the West 7th neighborhood is super cute.  I don't know what the hell happened between mile 2 and 3.  I assure you, I ran in a straight line and have no explanation for that bizarre squiggle.

Now I'm sitting on the couch thinking about sleep.  (To sleep in the living room by the A/C or in my room with an actual bed?)  Just one more bit of entertainment before I go:

Thanks, Spammer, for being so easy to spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment