18.7.11

Thank goodness for air conditioning!

It's 9pm, that 90* means it's cooled off a bit.  That heat index of 99* means it hasn't cooled off much.  Now we've got sinkholes and roads buckling and all the other fun things that go with this heat.  Including no running outside.  (Because I am sane, despite popular belief.)

Last night, Qat lady and I saw the finally Harry Potter.  My thoughts without spoilers:
  • Hermione is my favorite.  I loved her from the moment of her house elf crusade.
  • I love the Snape storyline.  And this movie (and half blood prince) does it even better than the books.  Alan Rickman you have a special place in my heart.
  • Ginny Weasly is a bad ass.
  • I'm glad Amanda went with me; I'm glad we got there early because we got awesome seats!
Today I stayed inside as much as humanly possible.  I had one home visit and a stop at Chipotle on the way back to the office.  (Thanks again to Steve for introducing me to the Burrito Bol.)

As a bonus for myself, I let myself sleep in and opted for a run after work.  Plus I got new shoes that needed to be tested.  After a long flirtation with Asics and the pink shoes, I'm going back to Brooks, at least for long runs.  Welcome home.
 I took them for four miles or sprint intervals at the gym (read: at the air conditioned place) to test them out.  They feel like a mix between my old Brooks which had too much structure for a toe striker and the pink shoes which have no support (it's ok, they're racing flats).  They should be good for long runs.  I'll still keep the pink guys around for shorter runs.  They are both really good pairs of shoes.

So the four mile sprints: I went fast enough that I got that puke-y feeling.  (If you're not puking you can go faster right?)  As with all my runs, the first mile was the hardest, and the first lap of that first mile sucked the most.  Once my heart got working at the right speed and my muscles loosened up, I was able to go much faster with less pain.

After running, I came home and hit the pool.  (Still packed at 9pm.  It's hot.)  Now I'm enjoying my birthday presents from Qat lady and my pooky bear.  (You know what I'm saying.)

While I enjoy that, you should check out some of my new favorite music:

No comments:

Post a Comment