11.10.10

Life after the marathon - what's this blog for again?

I forget what time write about when I'm not training for a race.  I think my next race may be the Monster Dash although it's not clear which distance I'll be doing.

In preparation for a possible half-marathon in a couple weeks, I went to the gym yesterday.  (That's reasonable right?)  I thought I'd do my usual 10 miles on the elliptical that I did during marathon training since it was too hot (yes in October, global warming is real) to be running outside.  Thank goodness the marathon wasn't this weekend.

I got to the gym and started in on the elliptical.  I forgot how to do this.  No, seriously.  After mile six I thought, "ok, I'm good".  What happened to my body on that week off?  Apparently I've lost all stamina.

I found a half marathon training program I think I can live with.  Only one day off a week?  We'll see.  I think the Thursday runs may be replaced by hill runs.  This weekend aside, it is getting cool enough that I can take my running clothes to work and run up that crazy hill in the afternoon.

Although the Monster Dash is unlikely to be a half marathon, I keep hearing the Frozen Half Marathon is a fun race.  I'm trying to keep running this winter and prevent the weight gain that happened after the last marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment