5.12.11

Weekend winter weather advisory

Brrrr I'm slowly admitting that it's winter here in Minnesota.  No pictures of snow yet because I think I did that enough last year.  See here, here, and here for examples. 
 
We did get "four inches" of snow yesterday.  (It wouldn't be No Coast if it wasn't snowing.)  No snow emergencies yet so it couldn't have been a true four inches.  It was enough to take notice though, according to the headlines from the Strib.

Just what I like when it's cold.

Training - I am sort of training.  In my mind I keep thinking about running the whole marathon at the Flying Pig.  Another part of my brain screams NO!  It'd mean snow training and specifically snow long run training.  I am still planning on Dublin, and trying not to get fat before then.  So I did head to the gym today and spent a long time on an elliptical and then on a bike.

Christmas Shopping - This is where I have the most progress to report.  Qat Lady and my Pooky Bear and I headed over to the No Coast Craft Show on Saturday so baby cousin and toddler cousin are shopped for.  Pooky Bear - you're also somewhat done as at least part of your present is the same ever year.  Surprise!
I have selected pretty much everything on Amazon for Mom and Dad and 4-year old cousin.  The hilarity of shopping on Amazon is I also spend a ton of time picking out things for myself.  (I know.)  I just put everything in my cart and then hit "save for later" so when I do order the stuff for Christmas, I'll probably get myself a little something too.

Home organization - I spent a great deal of time today cleaning and reorganizing.  Happily, Qat Lady needed an Ikea trip so I got to tag along.  I got some closet organization stuff and one thing for my kitchen.
The new mats in my kitchen from our Black Friday escapade.  Whomever put memory foam on kitchen mats is a genius.  It took me a while to figure out the configuration of the mats.  (Really, there are multiple options.)  After years of sweeping and mopping my floor, I decided the industrial strength black mat really does belong under the dishwasher.  (Why is it always so gross over there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment