28.11.11

Shopping - Day One and Day Too Many

Black Friday is always a big deal, just as much about people watching as getting good prices.  It's something of a tradition though.  You can see the reports from 2010 and 2009 for reference.

We hit the mall around 7:30.  Aunt Joanie elected me to drive.  Later in the morning Dad, Uncle Joe, Devin and Kris joined us.  Mom got me some early gifts at Macy's (since I forgot my gift certificates!?!) but we didn't do too much other damage.  In the afternoon the boys went home and we ventured away from the mall and hit smaller strip malls with stores like Stein Mart and Dick's.  Dick's is my favorite.  Nike - why so expensive?  Around 3:30pm the three of simultaneously died so we called it quits.

We came home and had leftover Turkey and lasagna (lasagna!) and then headed to Kris' movie theater to watch Peggy Sue Got Married.  I was unimpressed with the movie.  Sorry.

Shopping: Day Two Too Many:  Aunt Joanie wanted to go out again today to an outdoor mall that we almost went to yesterday.  I did serious damage in Bath and Body Works (I know have soap for the next couple years) and helped Mom get some gifts for Dad.  Then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond where I got an early Christmas gift of a stock pot with pasta insert.  I also got a new bath mat to match my new shower curtain.

After shopping Mom and Dad headed home and I sacked out on the couch.  We watched some football, basketball, and played some games (Jenga and Headbandz).  I'm looking forward to trying out my new toys, and thinking about all the soup and broth I can make now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment