12.2.11

This is what hope looks like

Oh man, it's been a looong rough winter.  Things are starting to look up though.  For two weeks in a row now I've worked the same days as the same number of hours, something that didn't happen at all in January.  Plus, this is the first day since who knows when that it's been above freezing.  Not actually warm enough to melt our stupendous snow pack, but warm enough to be outside for a good long time.  To get the mood of my day, you should listen to the music from this video or listen to the song here while you read the rest of the post: 


Yesterday I worked my half-day Friday, came home and basically collapsed.  I'd meant to get up an run this morning but my running buddy bailed on me.  It sounds worse than it was because it got me out of bed early enough to go to the gym before it got too wild.

After working out I got food. A sure sign of my anxiety levels is that it's easier for me to make the 20 minute drive to Mississippi Market in Highland than to go to Seward Co-op right now.  I'm not sure if it's Bloomington Avenue (ridiculous in its own right because of all the snow), the parking at Seward because of the snow, or trying to make a left turn onto Franklin between the gigundo snow banks but I just couldn't handle it today.

I was collapsed on the couch again (a major theme for all my weekends) after shopping and eating.  Then I saw this picture and heard it scream GO OUTSIDE!  I was all 'okay, you bet'.


And go outside I did.  I went for a nice long walk around the lake.  It was lovely to see all of you there.  The ones I missed at the lake were no doubt shoveling snow off your roof.  I hope the ice dam situation works itself out.

Can you see that bench totally buried in the snow?  Awesome.

See: Sunshine

I saw someone else walking across the lake so I decided to give it a try.  I've never been on a frozen lake before.  It's pretty wild.

My favorite view of downtown Minneapolis - it's much more impressive in person (or from a camera with a more powerful resolution than my phone)

How have I never seen this sign before?

My happy place - not the parkway as much as the lake, but you get the idea

On the way back home

Seriously - I love seeing the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment