11.12.11

Well this is going to be ugly

The Dreidel Dash is coming up.  I'm doing the 10K this year.  Let's look back at how much I've been running recently.  Go ahead, let's check some old posts.  I'll look too.  Hmm.  I couldn't find anything about running other than intervals on the track either.  Oy.
 

I did hit the snow for a workout today.  I ran 4 miles.  Without stopping.  I mention that because it was touch and go for a while.  I must have done okay because I did it in about the same time as this run.  Thanks to circuit and Pilates, my legs are stronger than my endurance.

At the end of the run I thought I was going to die. I can't decide if it's more embarassing to get sick in front of people or just pass out in front of everyone.  I was concerned that both were going to happen after that run.  Perhaps I should drink water more than once a week.  Or run more.  (Let's blame hydration.)
 

So, for the dash, I'm thinking about throwing a couple of walks in, at least in the beginning, just to save myself some frustration and embarrassment.  I'm also thinking about going for a run or two this week.  It's harder to fit that in than you might think.  It is dark and cold and tomorrow we're supposed to get ice.  Oh joy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment