13.11.11

Running on my weekend

Friday was apparently everyone's day off.  (Thank you, veterans, for your service.)  I headed to the lake in the late morning for a run.  Whoa circuit training and Pilates must be paying off becuase I don't normally run that fast.

The first mile includes waiting for a walk like at Cedar Avenue.  The fourth mile (the only other one over 11:00) includes walking for a minute or two when I heard my time after the third mile and panicked a little bit.


It was a gorgeous day at the lake, so I made sure to take some pictures before heading home.



Saturday I had all kinds of plans.  I got up and ran with Beth.  I hadn't seen Beth since a brief moment two weeks ago when she ran by and gave me her gloves at the Monster Dash.  We discussed my prize for being the most organized friend *first friend to register* for the Dreidel Dash.  I also got to hear all about her family and planning for a Bar Mitzvah.  (Congratulations.)

The rest of my plans (Pilates; a walk; grocery shopping; cooking; laundry) were put on hold when I got one of the most impressive (read: miserable) headaches of my life.  It didn't start out as a migraine although that came eventually.
You know in cartoons when Wile E Coyote goes up into the church bell and then Road Runner dongs the bell, how Wile E Coyote's whole body vibrates with the bell, in a most painful manner.  That's how my head felt.  Throbbing.  All freaking day.  I took strong medicine which helped marginally at first but much more when the night wore on.

Sunday I woke up and was thrilled to find my head stopped vibrating and the migraine was mostly gone.  I had a bowl of granola and then like two hours later was starving again.   I got too used to eating eggs and bacon for breakfast apparently.

I did the grocery shopping today.  And the cooking.  I was in the mood for greens (I have no explanation) and was also in the mood for stuff that didn't necessarily have to be frozen.  (Not all things freeze well.  It limits my lunch options.)  I perused the internet and finally decided on Couscous, Lentil and Arugula Salad and Asian Slaw with Tofu and Shitake Mushrooms.  Because I can't leave a good thing alone, I altered both recipes.  (No tomatoes!)  The second recipe, I actually boiled chicken legs and threw the chicken in with the tofu.  This is more for me becuase when I take this to work for lunch I need more protein than soy alone can provide.  (My body laughs at soy.)  I also wound up with some stock from the chicken and bones so I'll use that for something sooner or later.


As a bonus to my weekend, my Co op had Passion Fruit, possibly the best food ever in life and almost impossible to find in Minnesota.  Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment