31.12.11

Cincinnati Christmas - Days 7 and 8

Monday was kind of a blah day.  I woke up (like this) and felt like I had rocks in my sinuses.  This sucks.  I kind of grumped around all morning lamenting my state of affairs.

In the afternoon Dad took me to the gym with him.  I did a great workout which somewhat loosened up my sinuses.  This is the "Cincinnati Sinus" effect most people know.  Oy.  I did an hour workout on the treadmill which nearly gave me a heart attack.  I did an interval of five minutes running between 10:30 and 9:30 miles and 2 minutes walking around 3.4 miles/hour.  I don't usually run anything below an 11:00 mile.  Then I did the elliptical for 30 minutes and a bike for 40 minutes.  My digestive issues are still with me too. Lovely.

By evening my stomach was finally ready to accept food.  It hasn't been normal since Dreidel Dash.  We had lots of leftovers.
Leftovers: done!  The Jicima leftovers and cauliflower leftovers were the best.  There is still a tiny amount of chili left (which I should remember for later).


Today I was felling mildly better because I'd found the allegra.  They sell the generic over the counter now.

Jenny and Doug collected me around 10am and we headed over to the Krohn which has an admission fee this year.  We were glad we got there early because we had plenty of room but the line for tickets was crazy by the time we left.



After the Krohn it was Skyline time. When is it not Skyline time?.  We found the new Skyline on McMillan, one confusing door down from its former location on said street.  After lunch Jenny wanted to go to the mall because she is a glutton for punishment.  We headed up to Kenwood for a remarkably fast trip.  Afterwards we stopped for dessert at my request.  Black raspberry chip is one of the flavors that doesn't reliably ship to Minneapolis yet.  I love Grater's!



I lounged around most of the afternoon because I was sans automobile.  Mom and Dad come home and took me over to the Green Dog Cafe for a great dinner with great coffee.  Then I headed down to Kentucky for a visit with Grandma, whom I hadn't seen yet on this trip.  If your name is Aunt Mary, you may have a postcard with this picture heading your way!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment