19.12.11

Driedel Da- ... where is the bathroom?!?

Hee hee.

Today was the Dreidel Dash.  It was fine.  It's a race for which I've been notoriously under-trained in the past and this year was no exception.  To add to the hilarity, I chose to run a 10K instead of the shorter course (seemed like a good idea at the time).  I think I'd run about 4 four mile runs in the past 3 weeks.  Oy.

At the start line, getting the course ready.  They couldn't put the start line together until right before the race because of a road closure issue.

It's a good thing I've run so many marathons in the back of the pack.  Because I was dead last when this race started, and I stayed that way until about mile 2 when I started hunting people down.  I've learned to get comfortable back there and not panic.  Although that was far back, even for me.

As you may be able to tell from the title, I really had to make boom boom the entire timeMaybe for next year we can have a port-a-pot?  That resulted in some walk breaks to avert disaster.  It's good to know that my stomach still hates me.  I should've planned better.  Whatever.

Even with the walk breaks, I did about as well as I did at my first ever 10K, several years ago.  With all this cross training (thanks Circuit, Pilates and High Intensity Water Running), my legs are much stronger than they've ever been.  So strong that they want to go really fast.  My cardiovascual system can't always keep up.  Pace yourself!

I had an awesome cheering section at the finish line.  We had two people from Team:Work run the 5K.  The rest of Team:Work sort of dropped like flies before the race.  One hurt her hip, one had knee surgery and then a second, somewhat less planned surgery, one went on a cruise (lame excuse) and one had an emergency that pulled her out of town.  A couple 'thought about it' but wound up not signing up.  (Also lame.)
Team:Work runners in our Team:Work visors.  BJ made those personally for us.  Even though her grown kids said they were lame, we thought they were cool and her kids were just jealous.

See if you can guess which one of those trouble makers had, um, a special treat for me at the finish line.  (Thanks Irina!  Made my whole day!)  Shortly after that boss lady number 1 was heard saying "ok, I have to leave so I can go watch the Vikings".  Wonder how that turned out?

After the race I headed over to see my Pooky Bear and the Qat Lady.  Pooky Bear was in full "Christmas cooking baking" mode.  (Good for you.)  I asked for the job of decorating.  The Qat Lady would tell you I'm not really allowed to bake anyways
My Pooky Bear made that apron.  We had to pin the straps to the right length because apparently all aprons have the straps too long.  Pooky's apron was pinned in similar fashion. 

When I got home I ate (notice how I hadn't mentioned that in my day?), did laundry and then talked to Mom and Dad.  Usually Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Day Brunch are my responsibilities.  I've been given a directive for brunch that we must use the 30 odd chicken fingers (these chicken fingers are so big they have their own zip code) for brunch.  They can't be used for Christmas Eve because those people already ate them today.  Chicken Salad it is!  I wonder if I need to take the breading off.  Really I think the breading will just add to the general awesomeness of the salad.

When I was talking pictures of the cookies, I got a picture of the spill tray that my Pooky Bear said would be a good computer wallpaper.  She's kind of right.  Here's one of the photos, as a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment