31.7.11

It's just too hot to think of a title

Saturday - I stayed inside, in the air conditioning all day.  I read Heat Wave, (from one of my favorite TV shows).  I found it interesting as an inside joke from the show, but not totally captivating in itself.  (I might have gotten an altered copy; mine seemed shorter than it should have been...)
At one point Amanda invited me to Kelly's house to hang out and watch movies.  The thought of leaving my air conditioning was too much and I declined.  (It's not that it's that hot.  It's just been kind of hot for too long.)

Sunday - I swear I slept 11 hours.  Awesome!  You know I was on my air mattress by the air conditioner unit right?

I sent my favorite Florida resident a little something in the mail.  My friend Chris has a nephew who is about as far from him as this guy lives from me.  Chris said "send him post cards, a lot of post cards, so he knows who you are".  Chris recommended Shoot It as an app that takes pictures from your phone and automatically turns them into post cards.  After some comparison shopping, Postagram appears to have better prices, at least for the moment.  It did limit the number of characters I could use in my "personalized message".  I'll have to ask his mom and dad how it out.

I also hit the gym for a bit.  The elliptical is not so bad when I only have to be on it for an hour.  (I think an hour on the treadmill would still give me a panic attack.)  For the weather, the gym actually wasn't that crowded.  I guess everyone was at the lake, or just dreading leaving their houses too much to even go outside.

I found this great blog post which totally explains how I feel about running the Twin Cities.  From my house I can run to all of those same places, although I've never really tried the Stone Arch Bridge, or the universities (except running by St Thomas on Summit Ave).  I've had friends come to town and also remark on the awesome running spots we have here(To be fair, she also thought the houses in my neighborhood were "so small they're cute" or something.) It looks like the weather may break at the end of the week. I'm hoping I can get in a long run to Ft Snelling because I really haven't been there too much this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment