14.2.11

Productive Monday - Happy Singles Awareness Day

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it's only 6pm.  (Is it time for bed yet?)

I got up this morning and by some miracle made it to the gym.  7am is such a more pleasant time to be there than 7pm.  Even though I didn't get the good elliptical, at least I wasn't stuck on one of the ones I hate.  I worked out for about an hour.  My legs hate me.

I headed over to get my oil changed after working out.  I decided after like three years perhaps it was time to have my license plate straightened out.  (Did I ever tell this story?)  When I was putting on my original Minnesota plates I snapped one of the two screws that hold the plate on.  So the back plate has always been held on by one screw and lots of duck tape.  (Even in Minnesota winters, that stuff holds, it's been since before the kitchen remodel.)  I showed it to the mechanics who laughed.  I was all "when you take off the plate please be careful not to rip my paint off because there's duck tape back there".  After he changed my oil and fixed my plate he said, "yeah, that duck tape held really well".  To which I replied "Kentucky chrome, I know how it's done."  Hilariously, none of the four mechanics there had ever heard such slang for duck tape(Yes, I could've written "duct" here, but I chose the colloquial spelling because I know how it's done.)

I headed over to Good Will.  (I seem to be there a lot lately.)  I gave them several kitchen supplies from what I had previously referred to as "the box of my emotional baggage" meaning the box of kitchen items that I didn't want but felt obligated to keep because they were my Gramma's when she was alive.  Mom finally gave me permission to set them free.

I tried several times to get my car washed and failed each time.  (Everyone else in the Twin Cities had that idea too.)

So I headed home and did laundry.  It took a disappointingly short time with only two loads (different from the four loads I did last week).  I had time for a nap and to watch and 'old but good' movie during folding and hanging the clothes.  Really it was the folding and hanging that took no time compared to last week.

Sometime in the afternoon I got hungry again.  (More on that at some point I'm sure.)  I decided to treat myself to Thai Food before all the restaurants got wild for Valentines Day *ahem* Singles Awareness Day.  I know I talked about not wanting to drive in some neighborhoods in Minneapolis because of the snow snarling traffic in unbelievable ways.  It's not a sign of my anxiety.  It just sucks that bad.

Why?  Just, why?

I finally made it home and had a great dinner (at 4pm because I slept through lunch).  I played my guitar for quite some time.  Now I'm waiting for Awesome TV Monday to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment