31.1.08

Timeline of my life

I think a timeline of recent events would be helpful. Especially for me because my head is still spinning.

Sunday: Kelly and Amanda are awesome friends and helped me clean up and plastic my apartment. I then packed food and clothing for a week away from my apartment. And I have to work on Friday night so I packed that crap too.
Apartment status: Plasticed, mostly intact.
Bank status: They're closed on Sunday so we'll allow that.

Monday: In the morning, I packed everything in my car, red bag, blue gym pack, blue overnight bag, hammock (for working Friday night), and suitcase. Ed came over and I showed him around and then the appliances came. That's when it was clear there was nothing else I could do so I left for work. After work I went to Amanda's and had some nice alone time. I went back to my gym and had Chipotle for dinner.
Apartment status: About to be destroyed.
Bank status: No communication.

Tuesday: Wake up from my first night on the torture rack Amanda's couch. Was very warm. Also very aware of metal in my back. I now understand why Kelly didn't unfold the thing after the first night when she lived here. The day started at about 45*, wonderful. I worked all day, and by the evening when I came back to Amanda's, it was about -3*. Brrrr. There was a note saying Amanda had gone to urgent care. It was about that time I realized the dishes and garbage fairy were not going to visit, so I did those things and just told Amanda it was magic. (Hey you'd believe it too after the amount of drugs they gave her.) And then she magically got me Papa John's and beer for dinner. I don't ask questions about magic. Do you?
Apartment status: I'm trying hard not to think about it.
Bank status: Have you ever tried contacting the Mars Lander? The one they lost? It's about like that.

Wednesday: Day two of the torture rack. Still nice and warm. Except, now it's like -15* and there's a -40* wind chill. Brrrr. I went down to start my car, which started under serious protest. Needless to say, I didn't leave the office all day until it was time to go meet the person I'm paired with for Bolder Options. That was neat. Then I went to the gym, got some food at the co-op and then went to my apartment. I hadn't picked up mail, and by this time I'd actually heard from the bank so I was less freaked out about that.
And then I got to the apartment. Wow. ::Looks around with mouth open:: Just, Wow.
Apartment status: Total destruction. One cabinet mildly installed.
Bank status: Thank you.

Today: Did I mention I picked up an air mattress at home last night. That was a good idea. Slept much better. Work was wild and in the middle of it I had to go pick up a check for roughly the same value as my tuition for a Master of Social Work degree. And then I had to deposit it at my other bank (where I have a checking account). I thought I could do that in the drive thru lane. Hey, I sent my ID in. That's enough right? Turns out my bank puts a two day hold on checks that big. It's ok, I can still pay the contractor on Monday. After work I went to the gym and then Amanda and I had dinner together.
Apartment status: More cabinets hung. Still not livable (excepting the bathroom which remains largely untouched.)
Bank status: Back in my good graces.

No comments:

Post a Comment