21.1.08

Oh, little blog, how I've neglected you

I've just felt fat and lazy lately. A problem compounded by me recent absence from the gym. What the heck did I do this week? And it's freaking cold. I have to get up and the crack of dawn tomorrow. And I mean early, like before the sun is up.

What have I been up to lately?

Friday night: I worked at the aquarium. Which leads us to..
Saturday morning: Start at O'dark-thirty when the donuts were delivered to the aquarium. About 45 minutes before they were expected. Wow. But when I went to get the donuts, I also saw all of the volunteers for the diabetes walk (oh, the irony). Amanda and her family walked in the walk and we went to the aquarium (where I'd just stopped working) and checked that out too.
Saturday evening: I skipped Saturday afternoon because I was asleep. I went over to Amanda's and hung out with her nieces and nephew. It was there I learned there is such a thing as too much sirachi sauce, your tongue will swell if you reach that limit, and they make sour sugar straws as tall as I am. We also played apples to apples and built things with legos. (Hee hee, at first I typed "legs".)
Sunday: I did nothing of any consequence except running the dishwasher before bed.
Today: I decided that it was rude to work today even though the agency I work for is open. So I stayed home. The fire alarm went off in the building. I do believe something very bad happened to our boiler. I still have heat though so I'm not asking. I did laundry and cleaned my car out in anticipation of my early departure tomorrow morning.

What have I seen on the internet lately? You'd think I'd have found more.
Fun with telephones. Number two is the most useful tip ever. I totally didn't know that but it makes sense.
That story lead me to this hilarious web site. What a good idea.
This takes me back to the gold old days of m Toshiba.
All this week, I'd bee so hungry I could eat a horse and couldn't figure out why, now I know. I wasn't getting enough protein. Don't worry, I'm eating eggs after this.
And an eye-opening look at how tech savvy kids really are. The hardest (and one of the last) things I learned was how to do internet searches that produced useful results. I think the more information I have about a subject before I start out, the better off I'll be. Otherwise, I throw the word "wiki" behind my search term and read some more 'till I can understand what I'm looking for.

By the way, it's 7* and feels like -3*. Brrr.

1 comment:

  1. So, um... why do you have to be at work so very early today?

    ReplyDelete