9.1.08

Today has been freaking wild

This morning, I almost got up and exercised. I decided I'd like to run outside but running in almost any other form was uninteresting to me. So I went back to bed and was almost late for work. I would have been but the line at Caribou was out of control and I didn't stop. (Talk about making lemonade.)

Work was non-stop ridiculousness. To everyone: stop going into the hospital. I want you all to stay well. In addition, please put your name on the waiting list for an assisted living facility now. What's that? You're only 30. It's never too early. That way when you get old and have a social worker, her job will be easier.

After work I went to the gym. And got an elliptical. At 4:45. No, seriously. And then I went to my Restorative Justice committee. There was a discharge tonight. It's always nice when people successfully complete the program. Way to go.

To complete my day of productivity, I did laundry. I now have plenty of socks to wear. Along with all the other clothes that needed to be cleaned. There always seems to be like one thing that I run out of before everything else that forces me to do laundry. Right now it's exercise shorts. That's not likely to change. Exercise shirts too because I'm a snob and picky as hell about what I wear. I'm about as bad as someone else I know who is picky about colors of outfits. I'm picky about material and cut.

I'm having my last beer from New Year's tonight. I know. It did take me a while to finish a six pack. That's the thing about the ultimate kitchen challenge: Everything must go. I've upgraded the alert from just "the freezer challenge.

Now, if you'll allow, a brief rant about co-worker. Co-worker is out of town right now. When co-worker is in town, she wears a lot of perfume or body spray or some such scented product. And I always sneeze around her. And she always notes that I sneeze around her and am probably allergic to the crap she's wearing. And then she wears it, still. And then sticks her arm in my face and says "here, I wonder if this is what's making you sneeze." Number one: Stop. Number two: I read this article and thought of co-worker immediately. I'm not diagnosing depression or anything. It's just fascinating (and slightly a relief) that there's a biological reason for this behavior in some people, even if that's not co-worker's issue.

Here's the 100 funniest things I've read today (safe for work other than James Carlin), and I'd like to direct your special attention to number 99. Hilarious.

The floss wants to know the geekiest thing I've ever done, which I can't remember while I'm drinking. I'm lucky I can type "drinking". For Amanda, it's going to be disregarding the warning on this page and then telling me which resident had which diagnosis after supper tonight. If I'm lucky I'll also get to hear about size and color too.

And this picture is like the time we saw the dude just walking on the dock with no shirt and a plunger in his hand. Fantastic (and safe for work).

No comments:

Post a Comment