23.10.10

Long Run Saturday - Oh my gosh, I broke my friend

This morning I got up slightly before the crack of dawn for one last long run before the Monster Half next weekend.  Beth came over for the fun.  We ran the Ft Snelling route, and I realized it's the route I always use as my last long run before a race.


Beth says I live "in hill country".  I never realized how much of the second half of this route is up hill.  I guess she's right.  Somewhere during the run Beth said, "my calf hurts".  Great, I take my friend for a run and I break her before we even get done.  This is why we can't have nice things.  Beth, I hope you're feeling better!

Running with Beth was a blast because I never go that fast for that long.  Good pacing and encouragement.  Thanks!

Our goal for the run was to be back before it started raining.  After we got done I had to go back outside because I realized I dropped my headband when we finished.  I got about four steps out of my door before I felt a little raindrop and then a few more.  I'd say we have perfect timing.

Now, to enjoy the taper!

No comments:

Post a Comment