2.6.10

Forget the river; I need to make peace with the lakes


The last two weeks, the runs I took along the river were great. I'm hopeful that I have some of my issues with the river path worked out. Now, I need to turn some time and energy to making peace with the lakes. And quite possibly my stomach.

Here's the thought process last night and this morning:

10:00pm last night (probably later really): Ok, when the alarm goes off at 5am, all I have to go is get out of bed and put some Gu Chomps in my mouth for breakfast. Don't think ahead any farther than that. The rest will work itself out.

5:00am - wwhatimuzit? wha...noise...that alarm sucks...
Followed by me getting out of bed and sticking to the plan of just getting out of bed and having some calories. I told myself last night that I could run 15 miles or go to the gym and do 15 miles on the elliptical.

5:15am - I cannot handle being on an elliptical on National Running Day.

5:16am - Perhaps I should have checked the weather. Those clouds look awfully dark. But if I go back inside to check there's no way I'll actually do this long run. I'll just go. It did rain and I got soaked. Happily there was no thunder or lightning and the rain stopped after about 20 minutes. It didn't even muck up my shoes.

I went over to the lakes because I haven't seen them in a while. I think ultimately it wouldn't have mattered if I were running on the lakes or the river; today was just a bad day. I actually got really sick yesterday when I was running. I thought my body was over that and I'd be safe to run. I was until about mile 10. Then my stomach was done being tossed up and down and churned all around.

It's sad that I felt like ish at the lakes. I already have a mental block about Lake of the Isles. One of my last long runs from last season was spectacularly bad and the drama all came to a head there. I have a little bit of a block around Lake Calhoun too, but nowhere near as bad as Lake of the Isles. Lake Harriet is always one of my favorite places to run ever, right next to my happy place.

After the run, I headed to work and worked a loooong day. Now I'm sitting on the couch thinking about bed. I can't believe it's 9:15pm and it's still light out. Must mean my birthday is getting close. I LOVE summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment