15.10.07

It's Blog Action Day

It's Blog Action Day. Glad I didn't miss it. In honor of blog action day, I'll write about the environment. Maybe instead of doing that, you'd like it if I marked the items in this list that have to do with the environment or making the world a better place.

1. Remember when I wrote about the spinning dancer. Apparently the test has taken the internet by storm. Someone at Freakonomics is looking at who is left, right, or both brained and how that corresponds to their profession. Go on over and leave a comment about yourself to add to the data. Me? I studied criminal justice, biology and social work. I can see her spinning both ways.

2. I saw the headline Microsoft wants to read your brain. All I could think was, "well, who doesn't?". Sorry.

3. Using the computer is not giving me carpal tunnel. Good news.

4. ***The Physical and Mental Benefits of Daily Meditation. How does this make the world a better place? People have studied the effects of meditation on the meditators and the general public for years. My favorite study was done in Washington DC. The researches found that on days when more people in the city meditated, the crime rate went down.***

5. Doctors of the World, a cool map that shows the ratio of doctors to people all over the world. Malawi has 50,000 people per doctor. Most of the people I knew in Malawi had never seen a doctor or nurse and probably never will. Make sure you check out Cuba, I think they have actually the most doctors per capita. Who wouldn't go to school for 25 years if it was free really?

6. ***Ten of the Coolest Trees in the World. ***

7. Now you too can discover The Top 100 Undiscovered Web Sites of the year.

8. This is a picture of a girl dressed for school. (Mildly not safe for work.) What's funny isn't the picture so much as the look of the boy in the background. I also thought, (Yup, this is why Kelly wants to teach at private school.)

9. ***The coolest tree house ever.***

No comments:

Post a Comment