28.9.07

I'm not sure where I'm going to sleep tonight

I'm not sure where I'm going to sleep tonight. Before you get too worried, it's a choice between my bed and my aerobed. I'm not sure my room will be put together again by tonight. I still need to do a small touch-up on the radiator and scrape my mistakes off the woodwork. Then I need to move everything back into my bedroom. I realized at this point the bed has to go back up on the risers. For a while I thought about leaving it off because it's a pain to move when it's on the risers. Then I realized the skirt is made to fit the risers and is too long without them.

I had a nice time at Amanda's drinking fest, I mean happy hour. The ladies she works (worked) with are really funny. I saw more girls wiggling their boobs tonight... I'm a straight girl. It does nothing for me.

In honor of not working too hard, I took a little break before going back to the bedroom where I've spent my entire day. Hey, I just realized how that sounded. I wish I was having that much fun in my bedroom. Check out some of the stuff I found today. For some reason, there were a lot of environmental stories on the web today.

1. Ethanol Schmethanol is a story about why Ethanol really isn't that good. It's a fairly technical article. I've seen a few other articles about why ethanol sucks lately. It will be interesting to see what happens when Iowa is no longer the first state to hold presidential caucus (that means primary but it's a different system). A lot of things I've seen have talked about how no one will vote against ethanol if they want to run for president because they'll get killed in Iowa. If Iowa isn't first, candidates have more time to make people from Iowa (who grow the corn and sell the corn that makes the ethanol) like them for other reasons. Ethanol is a pretty big industry here in Minnesota as well. I also saw a link between the use of ethanol and crop killing insects, like the more corn we grow... The salient details escape me, but the article was making another point about how growing more corn is killing the environment.

2. 50 Green Tips for the Earth and Beyond. I will give each of you one point for every item on the list you've done in the past week. I get 25 out of 50 points. I was happy to win points for building a green home. And I think Carribou serves fair trade coffee so I can feel ok about the amount of it I drink. I know May Day has fair trade coffee as well.

3. Weird and Wacky Fitness Gadgets and Weight Loss Gimmicks. Even if you don't read the article, just look at the barbell phone. Hilarious.

4. 101 Zen Stories that I can't wait to read.

5. A spiral cut, fried, whole potato. How good does that look? Yum.

6. The Home Pub Fridge won't be going in my home anytime soon. I wanted to put it up because I thought some of you might enjoy it.

7. If the fridge doesn't work out, why don't you put a toilet flushing lego robot in your house?

8. I was skimming a list of Top 50 Dystopian Movies of All Time rejoicing in the fact I've missed most of them, when I stumbled onto number 15. Pleasentville. Seriously?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to say 29/49 points. The diaper one is just not on my list. Completely irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete