30.9.07

Since I'm the only one not doing homework

Since I'm the only one not doing homework, I feel like I should tell you about some of the neat things on the internet right now.
1. (Not) Motivational Posters, some of which are funny. Some of them are just wrong.
2. After one spin on the bus is about when professional drivers try to operate the metro bus. My favorite line is the "one bedroom apartment" line. And knowing that the bus takes off at 5mph just by lifting off the break should help someone I know understand why buses tend to ooch forward in traffic. I'm sorry, i know you don't like it when they do that.
3. This totally not safe for work picture is what happens when you choose the wrong font for a very large sign.
4. When Amanda and I went out yesterday, I strongly considered a steak burrito. Then I read this and I was glad I chose the chicken.
5. A nice article on SCHIP which does a good job of explaining it. S-CHIP is used by most states to provide health insurance for children who live in near poor families that don't qualify for Medicaid. Since Minnesota rocks, we cover near poor families on Medicaid and use S-CHIP dollars to provide even more Minnesotans health insurance. Only a second term president who doesn't have to worry about re-election would consider a vetoing health insurance for poor people. I don't think this is what Alan Greenspan was talking about when he criticized President Bush for not using his veto power enough.
6. And finally, if the "65 Miles in October" plan works out, this may be the next exercise program I choose to complete. I wonder how long it would take me to go 1625 miles. Maybe I'll keep a log of that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment