27.9.07

A few more things for you to read

I was looking through my RSS feeds when I saw an article titled Can a High Fat Diet Beat Cancer? and I thought here's a diet I can get behind. No, it's not like that at all. They won't let you have carbs. My brain runs on carbs.

Then I found this great video that you should watch is you have three minutes. Safe for work. Can you imagine how long it took to make all that?

Finally, read a sad yet funny and ridiculous story about the dumbing down of the American presidency. Caracas? Seriously. Why don't they phonetically spell "New-cle-ar"? It's not that he can't pronounce the names (or nuclear). The image is that it's a good thing when the President can't pronounce unfamiliar names, or doesn't know the name of the president of Pakistan. Like it's a good thing the president hasn't applied himself enough to master pronouncing the name of the capital of Venezuela, an important oil producing nation. No wonder the No Child Left Behind act and other initiatives meant to inspire academic greatness are so overwhelmingly successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment