27.9.07

I am in no kind of shape

I am exhausted. Three day weeks sound really nice, and for the most part they are, except that the three days I'm working, I am working. And then I got home and talked to Dad about the whole kitchen remodeling business. And he nearly gave me a panic attack from which I have not yet recovered. I looked at my spending habits, which only increased the anxiety. And then I started doing my budget for the kitchen remodel, and this is where a little information goes a long way. (And then I found out they turned the heat on and that set me back to where I was when I hung up with Dad.)

Although I flipped when I figured out the cheapest "slide in" stove, really the only models are about double the price of a freestanding range (which is silly) a lot of other things weren't as expensive as I expected them to be. And I included a dishwasher (which is the appliance that concerns me the least right now) into the budget. I'm going tomorrow morning to look at cabinets.

That will be followed shortly by getting my butt handed to me by the state of Minnesota when I get a new car title, license plate, and tabs. And then I'll go join a credit union and talk with them about a mortgage. The really interesting thing will be learning about "mortgage insurance" for not putting any money down. Sucks.

The kitchen is coming together. I'm thinking black appliances. I know originally I said white, but I don't really like white. I don't want stainless steel because they are just needlessly more expensive. I'm also thinking that birch/light stained wood floors and cabinets and new lighting will make it bright enough that the black stove, fridge, dishwasher and microwave won't be oppressive. (Side note: Kelly, do I sense you cringing as you read this? I know you like white.) Hey, maybe when I get this done I can convince Kelly and Amanda to spend more time at my place. Hey, maybe when I get this done I'll keep my kitchen cleaner... Other requirements are a garbage disposal, new sink, and one of those fancy new drawers that holds a garbage can. Microwave over the oven. I can't wait 'till those stupid cabinets are no longer blocking the kitchen from the living room. Exciting.

Now I'm going to go watch a show I taped earlier and try to sleep. Tomorrow I'm going to get up and run (she says at 12:15 am, that's like in five hours you know).

No comments:

Post a Comment