24.9.07

15 miles in one week is a lot

I decided earlier, I'd like to run 65 miles in October, which is basically 15 miles per week. I decided this would be a good trial week. What I've discovered: 15 miles per week is actually quite a lot for my current exercise schedule. I'd like to only run four days per week, which is about twice as much as what I had been doing. And at least two of those days need to be 4 mile runs. So I ran 4 miles this morning. That's only 11 miles to go for the week. It feels like quite a distance from this side.

Also today, I talked with a friend from Seattle. Totally forgot to ask him about the great name for rapid transit they've got going on. It's good to talk to him. We spent a long time remembering days of old. It's good to have someone who knew me in high school to remind me of the things I liked about myself from back then.

He's also the person who gives me advice from a guys perspective. Like this situation: There's an interesting history of how I first went out with this guy but we went out, had a totally nice time, and then nothing. I also didn't write an email or pick up the phone. Nothing. Much like a previous email I sent him and I knew he was super busy. Another person's advice was just to send him an email, which I did, and he answered right away. The issue: I have no idea. I had a really nice time at dinner, so even if it's not ever going to be like a dating relationship, I guess it's good that I'm putting in the effort to stay in touch. It was my Seattle-friend's advice that got me to write the second email which resulted in the going out to dinner in the first place. Why am I not using names? Because Seattle-dude and guy-I-went-out-with have the same name. It's too confusing even for me.

What'd I see on the internet today while I was hanging out? Not Kelly's blog. What the heck? The rest of the site works just fine.
1. I would like someone to make this for me. How good does that look? Yum. It's food Kelly, not something you need to knit.
2. Review of television shows for geeks. I watched "Chuck" for a bit. I couldn't get interested. Too much action for me I think.
3. Caffeine Facts including
"If you manage to consume the equivalent of 70 - 100 cups of coffee in one sitting, you’ll experience convulsions, and may even die."

70 - 100 cups?
4. A study that may appeal only to me but is fascinating nonetheless.
5. The poster said this Ikea sign didn't make any sense but I understood it perfectly. I wonder what that means for me.
6. JFK Quotes you haven't heard for my friend who is learning about Econ right now and probably misses history.
7. Yup, that's how I feel about that too.
8. Cool pictures of insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment