22.3.07

Speaking of goofing off

I have homework that I badly need to do, but I feel I need a brief break. I had a lot of anger last night that I needed to get rid of. This morning when I woke up I knew I needed to run, and so run I did. And I ran. And ran. And ran. I ran 4.75 miles, probably longer than I should have after not having run for so long. I had a great time though. I was very intentional about adding to my run, and running a slightly different route in the beginning to burn off some energy (running up hills). By the time I got to the normal part of my run I didn't have the energy to be angry anymore. I needed every bit of energy I had to keep running.

I'm glad I could find a way to take all that energy and use it in a constructive (and not destructive) way. This is a therapy method I may have to repeat a few more times. I could be a good distance runner again before this is all over.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:15 PM

    Hmmm... you have some posts on which I cannot make comments. I'm sure I was going to say something witty and clever on the 3x Thursday, but now that I'm forbidden, I guess I won't. I will say that you should definitely blog more often. Like during my work day. So that when I'm dying and just need a break (either from the boredom or from the constant influx of work), I have some entertainment. Just a thought.... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:30 PM

    Wanna come over and be my personal trainer? I could use someone to whip me into shape...

    ReplyDelete