2.3.07

Results of the Ikea trip

I'm trying to decide what has upset my stomach is such a spectacular fashion. It could have been the fried rice. I keep thinking maybe it was the milk, but I didn't have any of that today. It really could have been my cereal but that doesn't sound right either. After the salmonella in the peanut butter, I've come to believe that stuff can be anywhere.

I'm still not sure. Maybe it's the cactus. Hee hee.



I'm enjoying all the nice things I got at Ikea, even if I am going out of my mind with boredom while looking at them. It's almost time to get out a Harry Potter book. Even more sad is that I can't exercise right now. That's about enough to drive me nuts.



The other thing that happened today... I think I've blogged at length about the quirks of the particular computer (boo Toshiba). One of its quirks is that from time to time the sound does not function. I am a geek and so have many "computer nerd" friends who have been delighted to look at said Toshiba. After Eric looked at it for quite a while all he could say was "wow, that's really messed up." The only way to make the sound function once again is to hold down the power button to turn the computer off, and then turn it back on. A simple system restart, or hitting "start" "shutdown" etc. doesn't always do the magic.

So I exited firefox and turned my computer off, and when I restarted firefox again, McAfee site advisor, google toolbar, wiss rss, and about ten other extensions popped up tabs to let me know they were now installed. All my cookie rules for cookie safe and javascript rules for NoScript were gone. Inexplicably the only bookmarks to actually disappear were the ones I use in my RSS reader. All the other ones stayed put. Also staying put were my toolbar buttons in the order and places I wanted them. The theme went back to the default though, and all the settings in about:config (one of the coolest parts of Firefox) were back to the default. Anyone know why this is happening, or even what the name of the problem is?

No comments:

Post a Comment