1.3.07

And then we went to Ikea



As the present snow storm began, Amanda and I went out to dinner and then to Ikea. Amanda needed good jars to store tea. It's a longer story than is really interesting. I wanted to come and look for some things also. I have these slick black wire shelves that I love. Then I put those plastic drawers on them and filled them with DVDs and all kinds of other stuff. The shelves really look like I was still in college and I don't mean grad school. I'd been wanted to change it for a while. Kelly suggested wicker so that's really what I had my eye out for. It turns out there was something else that worked even better.


While we were looking around, Amanda found something that... ahem... wasn't supposed to be there.



Near the end of the trip, I made what can only be described as an impulse buy. I've been thinking about having a plant for a while. Did you know Ikea sells cacti? Me neither. They do. So I picked one up and we headed the the check out aisle.



The #@%! cactus stabbed me. Amanda laughed. I decided to name the cactus Amanda. It's the end of the next day now, and my hand still hurts. The good thing is I don't think it's cactus dermatitis, which does exist.

Even though The Amanda Plant stabbed me yesterday, I've been trying to talk to it today. I'm slowly making my peace.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:42 AM

    First of all, it was pee. Someone peed in the display toilet at Ikea. Well, not so much IN as ON the plastic cover that protected the actual toilet from contamination. I did however, bring my the pee closer to my hand as I opened the lid. Horrifying. Disgusting. Gross. Liz, you are lucky that wasn't a pic of me vomiting from the nastiness.

    Furthermore, I feel like it is unfair of you to post pics of me within moments of having seen dried up pee crusting the top of clear plastic which came within micrometers of touching my bare skin.

    This is my opinion on the subject.

    Also, why did you buy a poisonous cactus? I mean most people would have thought twice about buying a cactus at Ikea, but really, if the thing had already made you BLEED before you even paid for it...don't you think that was your sign?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:44 AM

    On the other hand, I kinda like being compared to a cactus. Prickly, but cute. Don't get too close until you see me for what I really am, spines and all.

    ReplyDelete