4.2.07

We'll see how lucid I am when I'm half asleep

Obviously I worked all weekend. There wasn't much sleep involved. I took a short nap today. Oddly my body didn't want to sleep. It sure does now.

From The Saturday 8:
I'm answering these even though I've already seen the Super Bowl. I'll act like I haven't.
1. did you participate in competitive sports as a child? if so, which one(s)?
I played Soccer for a long time. I swam for a few years. There was a season of basketball and a season of Softball too.

2. were there any sports that you wanted to participate in, but could/did not?
Every once in a while I thought about Track or Cross Country. Track I would have been bad at. Cross Country was during soccer.

3. did your high school have a 'good' football team?
No.

4. did you go to high school football games? why or why not?
No. See #3.

5. which was the best in your high school: the football team, the cheerleaders or the band?
The band. We were a college prep school, and all smart kids play a musical instrument or sing. All of our bands and orchestras and even the choirs rocked.

6. are you more partial to college football, NFL football, or arena football?
NFL because the college football team in my hometown is even more unpredictable than the NFL team. I guess that's true in my current town too.

7. there is some contention among people in regard to the college bowl system vs. the NFL playoff system; steve spurrier has been very vocal about his desire for a true play-off system for college football. i'm not well-versed in this as i am an ice hockey fan, so i'm doing some research on this to form an educated opinion on the system. do you think that the college system should mirror the play-off system for the NFL?
I do actually know something about this. I think having people vote on the top two teams in the country and then letting them play each other is just silly. It also favors the "big name" teams and is historically unfair to west coast teams and teams from less well known conferences.

8. OK ... bears or colts? who's it going to be tomorrow?
Being from Cincinnati, and historically not being at all wild about Chicago (sorry Kelly), I'm going Colts.

From The Saturday 6:
1. Who's going to win the Super Bowl?
Ok, you can see I was rooting for the Colts.

2. Have you been invited to any Super Bowl parties? (Or are you throwing your own?)
Mike and Linda always threw one growing up. It was fun. I didn't go to one today.

3. If you were invited, would you go, even if you hate football?
Yes. I've had fun at the ones I've gone to. If you hate football, there's the commercials. This year Prince was awesome as well.

4. Have you ever thrown a party focused on a television program?
I've never thrown them. But in high school and junior high we would do X-Files parties. (Remember up there when I said I went to a high school full of band geeks?

5. If you were given free tickets to the Super Bowl, would you attend? Why or why not?
Sure. It'd be fun.

6. Do you worry about security at such an event? Would those worries prevent you from attending or in any way make you less likely to attend?
No. I work at The Mall of America. I see how hard people work to keep us safe.

From Randomness:
week of Feb 4: This or That?
Pick one!
1. peanut butter or jelly?
Peanut butter
2. hiking or swimming?
Swimming at the beach
3. football or baseball?
baseball (go Twins, go Reds)
4. christmas or thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving
5. grade school or high school?
High school
6. summer or winter?
today is the coldest it's been here in three years...
7. romance novel or mystery novel?
Dickens
8. mickey mouse or barney?
Mickey
9. road trip or airplane?
Road trip, better music

Finally, from Unconscious Mutterings:
1. Plaster ::wall
2. Cabbage ::patch kids
3. Jazz ::band
4. Darts :: my internship
5. Poke :: e-mon
6. Bribe :: me with money
7. Whale :: Pinocchio
8. Receipt :: shredder
9. Answer :: good
10. Dentist :: ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment