22.2.07

A note to the voice in my head

Dear voice in my head,

Today I have been thinking about asking this guy out. Upon realizing this, little voice, you have attempted to shout me down in every single way possible. While eating a breakfast bar you told me I eat too loud and nobody would like me because no one wants to go on a date with a girl who sounds like a horse when she eats. When I raised my hand in class, you told me no one would like me because I'm a nerd. When I spoke in class you told me no one would like me because I'm a dork and I'm not interested in the same thing as other people. (Who else knows or cares about Medicare reimbursement rates in Minnesota and Florida?) When I got up during class you told me no one will like me because I can't sit still. When I was looking around class you told me no one would ever like me because I'm not as pretty or as skinny as the other girls in my class. When I went home today, you told me I should get used to going home alone.

Since then I have been swimming, and seen people I like, and had time to think about all the things you told me today. And so, little voice in my head, I think you're full of crap.

Have a good day,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment