10.12.06

Lessons learned while cleaning

1. Kelly, I have your pants.
2. My paper towel holder is right above the place on my counter where I make the biggest mess and splash the most stuff on the wall. I'm not counting right behind the sink when I make my splashing calculations. No good can come of this.
3. Amanda's baking soda and vinegar tricks are the best things ever. Especially for removing soap scum. I also appreciate that they're not toxic.
4. My condo has a utility sink in the laundry room that is perfect for cleaning out the filter of my vacuum cleaner. I learned that you if I get dust wet it wont fly up in my face and make me sneeze from the pilot episode of Dr. Quinn. I'm not ashamed..
5. The before and after pictures were cool to take. It gave me a real sense of accomplishment.
6. It's good to listen to music while cleaning.
7. Only one thing was growing mold. I threw it away.
8. Almost the entire mess made in my bedroom was made this morning before I ran.
9. I also cleaned my bathroom. I don't know why I didn't take pictures of that process. Clutter wise the bathroom was definitely the cleanest in the house. This is the room where the baking soda and vinegar trick removed soap scum that I think had been here since I moved in. Not even Soft Scrub could get it off. You rock, Amanda.
10. Amanda is fun to talk to when she has a head cold and has been driving around the Twin Cities all day.
11. I can't believe I put the before pictures on the blog. See how grad school is frying my brains?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:35 PM

    1. You have my pants? What pants? I'm curious about this, and slightly weirded out.

    3. SOS pads are brilliant too.

    4. I'm trying very hard not to mock you about Dr Quinn.

    9. I don't really need pictures of your dirty bathroom. I can die happy without experiencing that.

    10. Amanda is often humorous to talk to.

    ReplyDelete