29.12.06

Boring Friday

I ran this morning. I ran 5.2 miles in 58 minutes or 11:10 minutes. I had Starbucks afterwords. I love lattes.

After lunch Gramma, Mom and I went to Howdy Carwash. Mom "washed" my car for me, really she just financed the expidition. My car badly needed to be vacuumed but while she was out she got a wax and rain-x too. Then we saw Mom's office. She has a window now, she never used to. I used to feel like a bat when I went into her office. Now it's all sunshine. Then we went to the library and I got a bunch of CDs. Good use of time.

Also on the agenda today, Dad installed the camera software onto the computer and practiced taking pictures off his camera and onto the computer. Now I can shrink the quality and file size of my images so they upload to my blog in a reasonable amount of time.

At the end of the day I went with Jenny to a suprise party for a person I used to work for. It was basically all of Danielle's inlaws who threw this party. Luckily Jenny and I just sat in the corner and talked and the family did their thing. I did get to chat with Dani for a few minutes. I'm glad I'm not a teacher.



Fun things I saw on the web:
1. Projecting Fear, this looks like something I'll try when I have high speed internet again.
2. The Year of the Widget?.
3. The Most Important Science Stories of 2006.
4. Hussein Hanged, lawyer confirms. I think this is really sad.
5. Top 10 Kids Books for Amanda who enjoys them.
6. Top 10 Dangerous Jobs in America. Crop dusters aren't where you think they are. Also, electrical powerline installers...
7. This is Your Brain on Tetris. I've totally had the experience of lying in bed and having my brain still playing Tetris. The cool part is at the end when it talks about how the chemicals in first time users brains are changed and the brain becomes more efficient.
8. IE 7 Quick Reference Guide for those of you who've made the switch.
9. 100 Things We Didn't Know Last Year. This one's from the BBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment