22.7.18

Sunday Long Run

Plan: Get back in plenty of time to see Mom and Dad off.  No joke; this was the most important part of the day.  Secondary goal was to keep at or below MAF pace, but not super far below my MAF heart rate.


Route: I need to enjoy the 40th street pedestrian bridge before it gets taken down for 3 years or what will feel like 3 years, I'm sure.  So I headed west to Lake Harriet, around the lake, then followed the creek back home.  This route has some hills, which will be good for 10 miler.


Weather: Cloudy and cool.  I was okay with the clouds this morning, though they didn't make sunrise as dramatic as I'd hoped.
Wardrobe: 2xu shorts; an illuminite shirt since I left at 4:45am when it was still dark, and Merrell Trail crusher shoes, and a hat.
 
Execution: Win for both my A goal of getting back early, and my B goal of keeping things at/under MAF but not super easy.  I was back my 7am, and done stretching and inside by 7:10am.  (8:26am departure).  Avg HR 135, Avg pace 14:00/mile, including some hills and stopping to take pictures.
Nutrition: I am still full from last night.  I didn't carry water or food.  I am sad for marathon training when things will change.


Bonus: This Blue Heron was super close to me, and completely not bothered by my company or picture taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment