12.5.18

We Walk - 20 Weeks to Go

So, I find myself simultaneously training for Loony Challenge, year 3, and a walking half marathon.  We did this in 2016 and then took 2017 off.  The walking half marathon usually involves one workout/week with the Dungeon Master.  Dungeon Master asked me about starting a blog and my advice was 'take all the pictures'.  I also had to discuss using real names versus not.  And then we re-lived the story of how she got her name.

Plan: Walk for about 2 hours.  Dungeon Master wanted to do 8 miles, up from 3 and I was all "No, you'll get hurt"

Route: Similar to the way I often run, started at the gym, headed out along the trail and then turned around and went back into town. 
Weather: It was windy and chilly to start and sunny to finish, in the 50s.  We saw a beaver out too.  That was weird.

Wardrobe: I started with light sweat pants a shirt and quarter zip, but I added a wool shirt that I grabbed from my emergency stash at the gym.  I wore the wool 'till about half way. 
Execution: Felt fine to me but I was stiff by the end.  Foam rolled like it was my job. 

Nutrition: Part of this workout was to practice nutrition for both of us.  For me, I had two hard boiled eggs before the walk and dried apricots on the walk.  For the future I need something to eat as soon as I'm done, probably nuts or some other kinds of protein.  Because I was fine but ready to eat at the end of this.

Bonus: We had a double bonus day. First, I met a couple people from Mile in My Shoes who had a water stop and we talked to them.  They are also now my bourbon sisters.
Second bonus was this miles long line of bikes that passed us.  We still don't know what they were doing.  No joke, it took them five minutes to pass. Dungeon Master points out they're all white and mostly men and I quite agree with that assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment