27.5.18

We Walk - 18 Weeks To Go

Plan: Hydrate.  OMG.  Hydrate.  Go "just a bit further" than last week.
Route: Another one of my regular running routes.  This one starts downtown and is just shy of 6 miles.  (5.85 today, because the pedestrian bridge is closed so we had to take our lives in our hands crossing Lyndale.)  I think starting next week, we'll have to find a different starting point due to a host of logistical issues.
Weather: So so hot. May have started in the 80's.  Definitely finished in the mid 80's.
Wardrobe: Shorts, tank top.  Remember last time we walked and I had to wear an extra wool shirt?
Execution: This walk was actually faster than last week, despite the heat.  I hope I didn't hurt Dungeon Master with the speed. 
Nutrition: We tested hydration, nutrition and salt tabs.  She wasn't a fan of the salt tabs and will try pickle juice next time.  I had bacon and eggs about 90 minutes before the walk and that was the best idea ever!
Bonus: I am such a grump, I didn't even take any pictures.  Instead, have a look at Dungeon Master's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment